Monday, September 17, 2007

are u tired?

sometimes i feel i need a break. not the normal kind of break. not a short vacation. not just a simple break.

more like a sabbatical. those we often hear from the west. but how can we just let go. with all the burdens on our shoulders. but i do feel tired. i need a recharge. i'm not totally out yet. my system is still functioning well.

thanks to Buddhism. i know my limits better. i know when to stop. i know where my ego, pride and arrogance should ends. and it had ended sooner than i thought.

guess i just needed a little break. perhaps. perhaps not. is it within my control? maybe. but i know i just cant walk away. i have my responsibilities. i believe there's a way out. if i try harder. if i think harder.

things have been looking well for me for the past few months. and i believe the future few months. but i know beyond, there will be uncertainty. i am not afraid. instead i am preparing for it. and i will be ready. for whatever that comes. i have built a few scenarios. a few options and routes to take. my wife is with me. the wind is with me. i shall take this journey. ultimately, it's a happiness journey. not wealth. not status. just happiness.

am i tired? yes, i am. i shall take a short break.. and meditate. then i will continue..

2 comments:

JT said...

what a coincidence. I have been feeling the same recently. Feel like getting away from this tropical island to do some soul searching on my own ;-)

Kraven said...

well, i see, from yr blog, u can run your troubles away at least.. Good for u! But not for me as my kneels are no good for running.. i do meditation.. ;-)

yes, i think it's good to leave tis island once in a while.. not to escape.. but to have different perspective of life.. seeing other places and people..