Sunday, July 15, 2007

What would Buddha do?

Recently i've started to test out the power of asking the question of 'What would Buddha do?' in some of my work and personal life challenges. So far it seems to work.. helping me overcome a no of problems..

So, i started to query why it works.. I realised somehow having studied and practice Buddhism for a certain period of time, it has been internalised to a certain extent. Thus, when i face a problem and ask 'What would Buddha do?', it relates and finds in my head the database of Buddhist teaching and attempt to pull out relevant info for me.. and surprisingly, it's the unconscious mind doing the work most of the time.. coz usually after i ask the question i would move on to do other things before coming back to the problem.. and often enough ideas and answers were presented to me by then..

Amazing enough.. but i think one needs to be well read in Buddhist teachings and well trained in rationale/critical thinking to be effective in using this technique.. Mmm.. now i'm calling it a technique.. interesting.. ;-)

Also, maybe coz i've so much respect for Buddha's teachings that the mere mention of the great master triggers the whole universal attributes of love, ethics, knowledge and wisdom, and more.. to me in ways no other means is possible thus far. And this provided me full and complete resources and considerations in my thinking process of finding an optimal solution to my problems or challenges.

No comments: