Monday, March 15, 2010

Hoiio - should review its policy or service delivery

Another disappointing local business in recent days though i met one good optical shop..

This time is Hoiio. When i tried to use the Hoiio iPhone app, it gives me error. I emailed their Support and she called to tell me my account has expired after 6 months of inactivity. I read the Terms from the website (which i'm not sure if it's this way when i register the early days) and it does state the expiry period. And it also states it will inform the customer 7 days before expiry via email. The funny thing is that the Support said i didn't give them my email address during registration. So they cant inform me. I think that's a silly excuse! They could have called or SMS me! considering they are providing such comms services some more!! Instead, they just 'eat up' my money!! Though the amount is small it is unacceptable behavior.

When i told her it's not acceptable, she insisted it's the Terms. I think the management should think thru how they should deliver their service then enforcing their legal rights. It doesnt cost much to inform the customer OR add the self alert feature in the app!! Instead of keeping a customer, now they lost one paying one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kraven,
I stumbled upon your blog. I am working at Teliwave which is the parent company of Hoiio.

I am sorry for your account and I'd like to help you.

Could you let me know your Hoiio user name so I could check if expiry notification has been sent to you?

My email is made{at}teliwave.com

Kraven said...

Afternote: Teliwave or Hoiio folks contacted me again and finally gave me back my account and credit. So this episode has a good ending afterall. On hindsight, none of these unhappiness would have happen if service providers are more customer-oriented.