Saturday, March 26, 2011

The 3 Ls in my life today

Life in the past were mostly focused on creating & growing wealth, fame & power. But that was then.. After working for 20 over years, and fortunately or unfortunately I haven't gain much of these wealth, fame & power. And now perhaps I got tired. Perhaps I've learned much from Buddha for the past ten years.

Now I focused on the 3 Ls. They are learning, living & loving. Allow me to share more.

Learning - I seek more knowledge these days. Not sure why it makes me happier whenever I learned something new or re-learned the old. I don't mean you must take up a degree or some sort of a course. You can go library to borrow books, read some magazines or surf the web! As long as you learn something, it's an achievement! And do read broadly - outside your familiar subjects. I started to read about dogs and its training and found certain very interesting fact which i never realised such as how a simple technique can train a dog to sit by command within a day! I did it with my puppy! ; )

Living - I've learned to take time off to smell the grass and fresh air.. Though I think I'm still learning about living.. Simple yet elusive at the same time. Maybe i'm born and had lived in City for too long - it's not easy to so-called live, be present. I kept thinking of what's next to do or think. Always keeping myself busy! But what am i busy with really? Now, i treasure low work activity periods as it gave me time to catch up on myself, my family and friends. Work-life balance is now a reality, if not my aim - it takes hard work and discipline to make it work though. I paid more attention to planet earth. I travel more, to see the world. And most importantly, be present and do things i'm passionate about.

Loving - Sometimes people forgot how to love anymore. Loving yourself, loving your spouse and loving your loved ones all take time and effort. Very often we forgot about them and bury ourselves in work, thinking that bringing home the bacon is its sole aim. As i a to live, i begin to reflect about my love ones. I realised that loving your love ones is not the end. If compassion is the way to go, even people you dont know deserve some care and concern too. I start to look at this world thru a different lens. Every one deserves some love and compassion.

It would be deceiving if i told you i've mastered the 3 Ls. And it's the fun part that it takes a lifetime to master. Enjoy this 3 Ls journey and life will likely be a happier one.

No comments: