Friday, November 17, 2006

My Life:: Days of Dreaming (part 2)

I can summed up teens days in one word - bored. In my time, childhood was filled with gangsters stories, chasing girls, playing mahjong & hanging around doing nothing much.. watch the time fly by..

My secondary school is only a minute walk away. I dislike school then coz it was filled with gangsters or boys trying to act like one.. They speak in Hokkien and almost always vulgar language will be used as if it was the only way to communicate. Anger flew easily and they would pick a fight anytime anywhere. They would pick on the weaker looking kids and 'disturb' them till they cry, run or fight back with either words or fists. i was considered the weaker ones due to my size.. fortunately, a few of my so-called gangster friends looked after me. I was spared in that sense.. but sometimes my so-called friends would turn and 'disturb' me for fun! They thought it was fun. But i thought otherwise then..

To avoid them i stayed home most of the time.. partly due to a lack of money. i was from a below average family. So money is an issue though we're not that poor that having rice on table is a problem. However, life then was so boring.. i turned my attention to find love - girls, that is. i chased a no of girls those days.. In-retrospect, i wondered i was going after love or just needing some company.

Boredom made me spent lots of my time dreaming.. guess that's how i trained my mind in the power of imagination. And i liked Albert Einstein who once said that imagination is more important than knowledge. In fact, i must thank those 'imagination training' days that i'm able to do those innovative stuff today..

But my dreaming days also made me a less sociable person that it took lots of effort to rebuild years on.. I found myself weak in communication skills when i went to work. Fortunately, i managed to build them up slowly but surely.. by sheer determination and hard work.

My secondary school life makes me realised how the weak feels when being pressed down. It gives me a mission that i shall help the weak to be strong and enlighten the evil or misguided. Like in Spiderman movie, "With great power comes with great responsibility". What power do i have? sometimes i ponder though.. Well, with my life experience i hope i could do plenty.. at least i try. ;-) And in my growing up days, i slowly developed the philosophy of "teach u how to fish and not to fish for u"..

No comments: