Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Life is so fragile..

Lately i was so busy that i hardly had time to reflect.. i believe it's important to reflect upon life and the things i've done & learned.

somehow,.. this morning i remembered a childhood friend. It was my primary school days.. he's my classmate. I clearly recall that whenever i was so called bullied, he will come to help me out.. sometimes even fight with those boys just to protect me.. u see, i was a small skinny boy then..

as we grew up, we went to different schools.. somehow we lost contact.. but on and off, over the many years into our 20's i still met him near the bridge near our homes.. It also feels good seeing him again.

then, somehow i never see him again. and i thought maybe he has moved. One day, i met an old classmate in the mrt. She told me that he had met a car accident in JB and died instantly. i was sad.. even till now. It becomes a constant reminder that life is fragile.

It balanced my thoughts not to be so materialistic and overly ambitious in career. Life is more than just work and career. It's about love and compassion. It's about living a happy life with friends and fun!

I certainly dont wish to look back when i'm old and regret. Let this memory of a good old friend be a constant reminder for me to live well. As painful as it can be to remember my dear friend, i shall not live in vain! ;-)

No comments: