Monday, October 13, 2008

my first Buddhist study

i've never attended any Buddhist study before. Yesterday was my first! And it was a wonderful experience!!   ;-)

The class was organised by Soka at a member's home. It was cozy and the people were friendly.

I learned about how and the reasons to prolong one's life the Buddhist way.

Below's my understanding.. so my opinion.. not Buddha's..
Life is precious and valuable. And not just about humans.. all living things are precious. To live a long life is not the objective. However, to live long so that you can help more of others should be the objective. Having the right motive is most important. Always think about the three good - good for yourself, good for others & serve a greater good

Not easy to achieve but can be done. And to treasure one's life is also to take care of our own body - our health. i must admit i'm not too good at that.. really must disciple myself to eat well and exercise enough..

looking forward for my next Buddhist class..  ;-)

No comments: