Wednesday, January 31, 2007

stretching to your full potential

yesterday, i met up a friend for a chat.. and then i showed her my very first mtv on my notebook. she looked surprised and said that she didnt know i can do this kind of stuff and felt that it was quite good considering the fact tat it was my first!

i was surprised. reminded from the fact that many of my friends who knew me would at times said things like 'i didnt know u could do this'.. i always feel sad initially as i would tell myself why no one know what i can do or why no one understands me! ;-( It's a sad truth. everyone is so preoccupied with their own lives that no one really takes time to understand one another.

For a moment, i wanted to show the world what i can do.. but that's not the point. What i'm trying to say here is that there are many hidden talents within us that we didnt explore and exploit. we should be stretching ourselves and to uncover the full potential within us!

Yes, these could be just hobbies.. some things u are interested in but not your bread & butter. However, u never know what lies in the future. i always cheer those who manage to turn their interests into profitable businesses! i still dont know how to turn my interests into a career yet.. will keep working on it.. the goal is to be happy doing what i like to do.. and keep honing those skills..

lastly, we dont need others' approval for the things we do.. they may or may not appreciate it. just do it for yourself. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi hi, still lost in the real life, i agree with you, it is time to think about profitable bussiness. and next time ,i will try something new that can make my dream come true, i will share with you once i get it done!