Friday, November 17, 2006

My Life:: Begins at ten (part 1)

Somehow i couldnt remember anything that happen to me before ten years old.. maybe a major event must have occurred.. or maybe nothing interesting in my toddler days..

What i remembered when i was ten were two things - computer & women! ;-) Let me share the former first. When i was ten, we had a computer - in fact, it belonged to my elder brother. He bought it. It was a first generation computer named Sinlair ZX80.. that used the TV as the monitor. Hard to believe rite? But it's true!

One day, while he was trying hard to figure out what went wrong with his basic programming codes (coz it doesnt run the way it should be!!), i pointed out to him the error! Boy, i was only ten and didnt even touch a computer at all!! Did i get a Big Thank You? Well, instead of a hug & thank-you, i got scolded by him! He asked me to shut up as he tried to concentrate.. After some time, he decided to fix the codes which i pointed out. And it worked fine. ;-) From that day onwards, i told myself that when i grew up i want to be a software guru. And it impacted my life for the next 20 years and more..

One last words on the computer event.. Years on my bro sold it to me for S$50 and it was already spoilt!! ;-( And it's still with me.. perhaps, i should sell it.. perhaps keep it for good old memorylane..

Now, on the women latter.. I had never though about women as a sexual or love object until ten years old. It was in primary five when my teacher assigned me to join the school's folk dancing lessons. On the first lesson, i danced with my male friend. But the dance teacher insisted that we should be paired boy-girl. And so i was assigned with a girl. She was ten years old too. I thought of nothing until i held her hand to perform the folk dance. In that instant, i felt great.. somehow her hand was soft, smooth and tender.. And i thought to myself "Mmm,.. good!" ;-)

Then after the lesson, i remembered i was standing at the hallway watching her leaving with her back slowing fading away.. A lady friend standing nearby said what i was looking at. I asked her "What's her name?". She replied, "Jacqueline, Su San". And that was the beginning of my many love journey.

Both events had lasting impacts on my life - good & bad, depends on see how u see it. I take it in my stride and often am amazed at the power of causality.. something that happened so long ago could have a lasting effect on the present and future of one's life..

No comments: