Thursday, November 23, 2006

My Life:: First Serious Relationship & First 'Enlightenment'

My first serious relationship began when i was 24 yrs old. She was 19 waiting to go NUS. She was pretty, gentle, slim and a nice personality. Of course, i was first attracted to her good looks! We got married eventually.. ;-) but we separated a few years later.. due to differences. ;-(

Also, around the same time, i had my first 'enlightenment' experience.. ok, it's not really the enlightenment in pure Buddhist sense.. but it really felt good & real.. It happened one evening when i was sleeping and suddenly i woke up in cold sweat and said the words "i'm enlightened!". Since then, i began to seek knowledge & wisdom. After that nite, I started to spent on average $50 every month on books and tell myself it's an investment. Dont ask me why.. and for those who knew my past i never really like to read books.. coz i dont know what's the purpose of studying then. But now i know. ;-)

And these events were to change my life completely..

No comments: